28th Annual Winter Carefree Fine Art Festival
January 15 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until January 17, 2021
28th Annual Winter Carefree Fine Art Festival
January 15th, 16th & 17th, 2021
Hours 10am – 5pm
The Town of Carefree Signature Event
101 Easy Street, Carefree, 85377
This year wine will not be served at the festival to maintain rules for face coverings. Please feel free to enjoy the fine restaurants around the festival grounds.
The Carefree Fine Art Festival features more than 155 juried fine artisans from throughout the United States and abroad. Artists will participate displaying paintings in oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, and ink; impressive small, medium and life-sized sculptures, sparkling hand blown glass, clay, metal, stone, wood, bronze, one-of-kind handcrafted jewelry, beautiful photography and much more!
The festival will take place in downtown Carefree, at the corner of Easy and Ho Hum streets. Hours are 10am to 5pm each day. Admission is free. Parking is free all weekend. All together, this event promises to be a weekend to forever remember.
Featured Artist Jan 2021: Hong Rubinstein
Featured Artist: Hong Rubinstein
Hong Rubinstein was born and raised in China, where she spent hours drawing on the ground into soft earth with a tree branch, knowing full well that she wanted to be an artist when she grew up. Hong’s biggest influences were Dali, Gaudi and her husband, Adam Rubinstein. “My husband, also an artist, is a huge influence and his work ethic helped me move fully into being a working, professional artist.”
Hong draws inspiration from everything around her: nature, the ocean and coast, the desert and natural world. “I find beauty in everything! It’s like flashes of visual interest always in a constant explosion around me. I even pick up rocks and odd bits of things because they seem beautiful to me and make me happy,” states Rubinstein. If Hong could give her younger-self advice, she would say “Never give up, whatever life throws at you, you must continue to keep working, surmount technical problems, just keep pressing forward finding joy.” When Hong enters her studio and really begins to work the clay, she can forget everything; time just evaporates, she escapes into a different realm. “Suddenly it’s the middle of the night and the day has gone, worries disappear. Each finished piece is a sense of satisfaction.”
In addition to Hong’s creations, the festival brings together more than 150 phenomenally talented artists; displaying works of art in all mediums and subject matters. Thunderbird Artists strives to bring a variety of styles, sizes and price points together, in one location, ensuring something for everyone. Surrounding the event is the crown jewel of Carefree, and an amazing oasis in the desert, the gardens is only one of two public botanical gardens in the Valley. Situated on four acres, patrons can stroll and enjoy fascinating desert plant specimens on a self-guided walking tour which leads visitors to experience a purely visual and emotional connection with nature.
Don’t miss this award-winning festival, the Town of Carefree’s “Signature Event”, which highlights the artistic works of more than 150 juried fine artists, live music, appetizing food, tempting chocolates and a gorgeous backdrop. It takes place in downtown Carefree, on Ho Hum & Easy Streets. Hours are 10am to 5pm each day. Admission and parking is free all weekend. A can’t miss event for all art lovers!
Notice to Guests
- If you are feeling ill, showing any cold/flu like symptoms and/or have a temperature of 100.4 or more, please do not attend the Carefree Fine Art Market.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 21 days or have shown symptoms of Covid-19 within 21 days of the event, please stay home.
- Face coverings required at all times per Maricopa County Mask Mandate. Thunderbird Artists will give a complimentary disposable facemask, if needed and while supplies last.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds/or use 60% alcohol- based hand sanitizer often.
- Avoid physical contact including handshakes, high fives, embraces, etc.
- Never touch your face.
- Please be mindful of everyone’s personal space. Practice distancing of at least 6 feet.
- If gloves are worn, please use 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer often or replace gloves often.
- If you are at higher risk of developing severe illness from Covid-19 or are an individual in contact with higher-risk patients (residents in the same household, long term care facility employees) please do not attend the Carefree Fine Art Market.
- There will be enhanced and thorough cleaning and sanitization of common areas in the festival, such as restrooms, information booth and seating areas.
(These Measures apply to the areas within 20 feet of the booths, including the closed off streets and vendor booths)
General Mitigation Measures
- No alcohol, food or beverages will be served in the public space designated for face coverings and social distancing.
- All staff, artists, volunteers and guests will wear face masks per Maricopa County mask ordinance. (We are offering complimentary disposable masks, if needed, while supplies last.)
- 1 security guard per 20 artists retail outlets will be deployed to enforce the rules.
- We are working with the Maricopa County Health Dept. to determine our protocol for food vendors.
- Announcement of Covid rules will be made periodically on Sanderson Pavilion PA system.
- Complimentary hand sanitizing stands will be provided throughout the event.
- All vendors must bring their own hand sanitizer for their booth. Thunderbird Artists will provide complimentary refills.
- Artists are encouraged to utilize a UV sanitizing wand.
- Staff will clean common areas hourly throughout the event with an approved disinfectant.
- ‘6 Feet Apart’ stickers will be placed on the ground in front of common areas.
- Artist booth sizes range from 10’ x 10’, 10’ x 15’, 10’ x 20’ to 10’ x 30’. Corner booths have a 10’ break between them.
- Artists will be required to remain inside of their booth space and limit the number of patrons in their booth at one time (2-4) when possible.
- 6 feet apart stickers placed throughout the artists retail area.
Signage and Notification
- Signage will be placed throughout the festival and will read: We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our patrons, vendors and staff—and we ask that you follow all posted instructions while enjoying the festival. Signage will require face masks and request social distancing and frequent hand washing. Example below.
- Removal of artist retail booth layout guide. We will post enlarged maps with artist booth numbers at all entrances and in the center of the event, which will notate all hand sanitizing stations, restrooms and Information booth – with a QR code.
Layout and Circulation
- Enclosed booths will be urged to have an open panel in the back for air flow and for artists to step back into for patrons to browse. We urge artists to adjust panels to allow people to easily pass through.
- Patrons will be encouraged to walk in a single direction, on the right side of the street, to keep flow of traffic moving in a single direction
Participating artists/vendors must agree to the following terms in order to take part in the festival.
- I will wear a mask during all hours of the show according to the Maricopa Mask Ordinance. (If I have a medical condition that prohibits wearing a mask, I will post publicly.)
- I will not open my booth for customers if I am showing signs of Covid-19 symptoms, such as fatigue, coughing, fever, aches, etc.
- I will take my temperature daily before the opening of the show. If my temperature is over 100 degrees, I will not open my booth for the day.
- I will provide a clean and sanitized booth for customers; this includes wiping down and sanitizing touched/shared surfaces such as payment systems, counters and merchandise.
- I will keep traffic in my booth to a minimum at one time and enforce the Maricopa Mask Ordinance within my booth.
- I will respect the event staff and volunteers who are responsible for enforcing the above conditions.